XVIII Brazilian Logic Conference
May 8-12, 2017 – Pirenópolis / GO, Brazil
The Brazilian Logic Meeting (EBL) is a traditional event of the Brazilian Logic Society (SBL). They have been occurring since 1979. It congregates logicians of different fields and the meeting is an important moment for the Brazilian and South-American community to join together and engage in a discussion about the state-of-art of their subject. The areas of Logic covered spread over Foundations and Philosophy of Science, Mathematics, Computer Science, Informatics, Linguistics, and Artificial Intelligence.
Previous editions of the EBL have attracted researchers from all over Latin America and elsewhere. The EBL is an event bringing together logicians of different levels and skills: from undergraduated students to senior researchers.
In 2017, the EBL will be held at the Pirenópolis, Goías, a small charming colonial town at about 100km from Brasília. This is the first time the event will be held in the Middle West (Centro-Oeste) of Brazil.
The goal of the EBL meeting is to encourage the dissemination and discussion of research papers in Logic in a broad sense. It is expected to have among the partcipants several invited speakers from different continents.
Call for Papers
Extended Deadline: Feb 5, 2017
We cordially invite submissions of contributed papers on the general topics of Logic, including:
- Philosophical and Mathematical Logic, and Applications,
- History and Philosophy of Logic,
- Non-classical Logic and Applications,
- Philosophy of Formal Sciences,
- Foundations of Computer Science, Physics, and Mathematics,
Abstracts to be submitted should be written in Portuguese, Spanish or English with a maximum of 300 words including title, name, keywords, affiliation and the essential bibliography.
We are happy to host round tables proposals with a duration of at most two hours. They may be divided as desired, with a maximum of 4 and a minimum of 3 participants per session. The description and the title for the session should be of a maximum of 1500 words containing an abstract for each exposition including title, name, keywords, affiliation and bibliography. Each session must have a coordinating chair assigned in the proposal.
The author(s) should send a .pdf file by email to eblXVIII@gmail.com or email@example.com until Feb 5, 2017.
Papers may be presented in Portuguese, Spanish or English, to fit a slot of 20 minutes (exposition) + 10 minutes (questions).
The Scientific Committee will consider the following items when selecting the accepted papers:
- relevance and importance of the topic,
- quality of work.
The list of accepted papers will be released on Feb 28, 2017. At least one author of each accepted paper must register for presenting the paper at the meeting. Each given participant may coauthor more than one paper, but will only be allowed to present a single talk.
The EBL 2017 also aims to be a forum for presenting and discussing work in progress and therefore to provide feedback for authors on their preliminary research. The proceedings are produced after the meeting, so that authors can incorporate the feedback received in the published papers.
- Brazilian Logic Conference: May 8-12, 2017
- Submission Deadline: Feb 05, 2017
- Acceptance Notification: Feb 28, 2017
- Jonas ARENHART (UFSC – Brazil)
- Mauricio AYALA-RINCÓN (UnB – Brazil)
- Jean-Yves BÉZIAU (UFRJ – Brazil)
- Juliana BUENO-SOLER (UNICAMP – Brazil)
- Oswaldo CHATEAUBRIAND (PUC-Rio – Brazil)
- Marcelo CONIGLIO (UNICAMP – Brazil) (Coordinator)
- Newton DA COSTA (UFSC – Brazil) (Honorary)
- Samuel DA SILVA (UFBA – Brazil)
- Francicleber FERREIRA (UFC – Brazil)
- Marcelo FINGER (USP – Brazil)
- Rodrigo FREIRE (UNB – Brazil)
- Décio KRAUSE (UFSC – Brazil)
- João MARCOS (UFRN – Brazil)
- Hugo MARIANO (USP – Brazil)
- Marco RUFFINO (UNICAMP – Brazil)
- Ciro RUSSO (UFBA – Brazil)
- Frank SAUTTER (UFSM – Brazil)
- Júlio STERN (USP – Brazil)
- Brazilian Logic Society – SBL
- Centre for Logic, Epistemology and the History of Science – CLE UNICAMP
- Universidade Federal de Goiás – UFG
- Universidade Nacional de Brasília – UNB
- Fabio BERTATO (UNICAMP – Brazil)
- Edgar BEZERRA (UNICAMP – Brazil)
- Marcelo CONIGLIO (UNICAMP – Brazil) (Co-Chair)
- Itala D’OTTAVIANO (UNICAMP – Brazil) (Co-Chair)
- Rodolfo ERTOLA (UNICAMP – Brazil)
- Nelson GOMES (UNB – Brazil)
- Samir GORSKY (UFRN – Brazil)
- Bruno LOPES (UFF – Brazil)
- Wagner SANZ (UFG – Brazil) (Co-Chair)
- Marcos SILVA (UFAL – Brazil)
- Bruno SILVESTRE (UFG – Brazil)
- Daniel VENTURA (UFG – Brazil)
- Giorgio VENTURI (UNICAMP – Brazil)
For more information please contact the Organizing Committee at